SarahKiekover

SarahKiekover

Right Where I Belong

This book keeps getting more and more interesting, and now is pulling me in so that it's hard to put it down.  Now Natalia and Brian's stories have crossed paths and they meet at a Christian school that Brian already goes to and that Natalia is enrolling in.  Natalia and Maureen come to it one day to get everything ready for the beginning of the school year, and Brian is already there helping the principal with work that needs to be done.  Brian offers to take Natalia on a tour, and even though she is reluctant at first because she doesn't want to start becoming friends with and having feelings for a boy, Natalia agrees.  In the meantime, Maureen has to fill out a bunch of paperwork for the school.  When they had first arrived at the school, the principal talked about how they need a Spanish teacher still and no one had been found yet to do the job.  Natalia sees this as an opportunity and divine appointment that God arranged, because Maureen had been having difficulty finding a job, and was taking the divorce with Natalia's father really hard.  Maureen knows Spanish and used to be a Sunday school teacher, so she would be perfect for the job, but she refuses.  Although, Natalia and the Principal are hopeful and will pray that she will change her mind.  The author of this book did a very good job of making the reader have strong feelings about the story and its characters, because I already have been getting frustrated with Maureen and her attitude and actions.  She is so negative and is always feeling sorry for herself, and doesn't know a good thing when it drops right in front of her face.  On the other hand, I really like Natalia and her attitude, as well as Maureen's step-brother and Brian.  I like this book better and better as I get farther into it.