SarahKiekover

SarahKiekover

The Fault In Our Stars

I just started this book yesterday, and it is already getting difficult to put down.  Many of my friends have read it and really enjoyed it, and there is now a movie out about it, so I am reading the book before we see the movie.  It is narrated by the main character, sixteen or seventeen-year-old Hazel Grace.  She has been diagnosed with lung cancer and has to carry around an oxygen tank wherever she goes.  Her mother sends her to a Support Group every Wednesday because she thinks Hazel is depressed, and Hazel hates it.  On one particular day that she is especially dreading going, her mother still has her go and there is a very attractive boy there named Augustus Waters.  Hazel first notices him when she is getting some lemonade and he won't stop staring at her.  During the meeting she finds out that he had previously had osteosarcoma, but was there for a friend.  Afterward, Hazel and Augustus talk and Augustus gets her to agree to go see a movie with him.  This is where I left off, and I can't wait to pick it up again and read on.  It is a very good book, and gives the reader good perspective as to what it's like to be one of the many teenagers who have these terminal diseases and don't get to live normal lives.